May 2019

Join the Upper Keys BPW at our monthly meetings, the 3rd Wednesday of every month. 

BPW Connection | May 2019



Ilja Chapman, President
May is a month of celebration! Many parents will celebrate the graduation of their child or look back at their children’s graduation in the past. Graduations represent closure and bring new opportunities with it. Same is true for the Upper Keys Business and Professional Women’s annual membership meeting, coming up at our May 15 luncheon. We will look back at our achievements and it will mark the beginning of a new fiscal year.
For me personally, it has been an extremely satisfying and successful UKBPW year. I remember very well how I by accident “committed” to the UKBPW president’s position October 2017 when our then president, Laura Maupin, asked for help. I understand now how important it is to have a president-elect assist you during your term. It was scary to commit, but in all honesty, it has been an amazing experience. This year I do hope to work with somebody interested in learning the ropes from me and taking on the stick for the next year to come.
I would like to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU to the UKBPW board of directors of 2018/2019. Thank you Theresa, Jackie, Laura, Miriam, Shawna, Suzi, Pam and Wendy for your support, your commitment, your hard work and most of all THANK YOU for YOUR SISTERHOOD! I hope you all are looking back to an accomplished and successful year with lots of opportunity to learn, grow and develop. Most of all, I hope you look back to a fun UKBPW year. I sure enjoyed working with you all.
Dear UKBPW members, I hope to see you at our Annual Membership Meeting. Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to toast with you to ring in the New Year!
Cheers!
Ilja Chapman
UKBPW President 2018-19
Tel: 305-998-8348

bpw|CALENDAR

May 15:  Luncheon. 11:30A-1:00 P. Holiday Inn-African Queen Room, Key Largo. Annual Membership Meeting and Celebrate Scholarship Recipients. Sponsorship Opportunities Available.

June 19: Evening Networking Event. Sponsorship Opportunities Available.



The Upper Keys BPW meets once a month, on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. We alternate between luncheons and evening networking events, and would love for you to join us! Click the button to see our full event schedule and register for an upcoming event. 


2019 State Conference

Mark your calendars!

BPW/FL State Conference
June 27-30, 2019. 
All Members Are Invited!
Call Ilja Chapman at
305-998-8348 ASAP! 



 
   bpw|member SPOTLIGHT

Spotlight on Laura Maupin!
Join us in wishing our former President, Laura Maupin, a fond farewell from the Board of Directors, and bon voyage as she prepares to become a snow bird!  Laura and her significant other, Steve, will be back in the Keys for the winter seasons, so it's not "Goodbye," it's "Good luck!"


"When serving on a Board of Directors you often get to work with people you might not have met otherwise. It can create very valuable relations which grow into deep friendships and relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
When I joined the Upper Keys BPW as a director, Laura Maupin had just taken office as president and even though I didn’t know Laura, I was willing to follow her and support her in her role. She sure showed me how to be patient and mellow! When I would stress out about an upcoming event, Laura would say, “The universe will take care of it; it all will fall in place.” Thank you, Laura, for leading by example. Your support and kindness have given me the strength to follow your lead in this organization and your belief in me has kept me sane. You are now a dear friend and I am so grateful BPW has brought us together. Lots of Love." -Ilja Chapman

"Laura has never ending smiles and kind words.  It's a joy to have her in the room as she's attentive to everyone. My favorite "Laura" moment was when we had a conversation together with my adult child.  Afterwards she complimented me on the bond and love I had for my child.  It was such a gift to my spirit for her to say that and it spoke volumes to her spirit as well.  I'm super excited for Laura and Steve for their summer adventure -- I wish I could tag along!  Blessings to you both!" -Theresa Sutter

"I appreciate all that Laura has done not just for BPW, but for the
community. She will be missed on the board!" -Jackie Harder

"Laura, it's been an honor getting to know you by being involved with BPW. Your loving ways and positive attitude has brought so much inspiration to me that I always look forward to seeing you. Your presence will be greatly missed. May your adventures be great!" -Miriam Lascoz

"Meeting and becoming friends with Laura has added so much joy to my life.  Kindness radiates from her, and her smile lights up every room she enters.  I was thrilled to join the UKBPW Board under her leadership, and learned a lot about patience and acceptance from her.  Laura was the first person to introduce me to the concept of world happiness and the Happiness Project, which has had a profound influence on me.  I'll miss you while you're off on your adventures, girlfriend, but I'm so excited for you! Love you!" -Suzi Youngberg

No comments:

Post a Comment