December, 2018

BPW Connection | December 2018


Happy Holidays from the Upper Keys BPW!



We hope you will join us for the Annual Holiday Party! 
Thank you Theresa Sutter for opening your home to us once again! It will be a night of networking, friendship, fun, laughter, gift giving and celebration of the Holiday Season! Bring your favorite dish and drink, bring an ornament for the gift exchange, and feel free to bring your spouse or a friend!
*Once you RSVP, you will be sent the physical address*




Ilja Chapman, President
Happy Holidays Upper Keys BPW Members!
‘Tis the Season of decorations, Christmas music and mulled wine. We look forward to seeing you all at the BPW Holiday Party and sharing the holiday cheer. I especially look forward to the traditional tacky ornament exchange. It is true that I bought my ornament back in October. I love traditions like this!
Since December is the last month of the year, it is good practice to stop, reflect on our achievements, and look forward to new exciting things to come. My recommendation is for everybody to do this, personally and professionally.
When looking back on the 2018 Upper Keys BPW year, we can be very proud of what we achieved. We reached our financial goal of being able to give out the UKBPW scholarships twice this year and we are on track with our budget. Our vision to create more value for the members is shaping up nicely. It is not too late to share your voice by partaking in the online poll we sent out.
In January, we are kicking off the Professional Development Series during our luncheon followed by training sessions in February and March. Topics covered will help our members develop professionally and personally. A mentorship program is almost ready and will be launched in the New Year too.
But most important is still the networking opportunity and the sisterhood amongst Upper Keys BPW members. Familiarize yourself with the businesses represented in our membership database who can help you in your business and development. Call me if need help navigating the website or need help with your login.
Our slogan stands strong: Supporting WOMEN is just GOOD BUSINESS Period!
I wish you a Magical Holiday Season and hope you will ring in the New Year with apositive bang!
Festive Greetings,
Ilja Chapman
bpw|CALENDAR

December 19: Annual Holiday Party, Theresa Sutter's Home, 5:30-7:30. Potluck & Tacky Ornament Exchange in keeping with tradition.  RESERVATIONS

January 16: Luncheon. 11:15-1:00. Location TBA. Sponsorship Opportunities Available.

February 20: Evening Networking Event. 5:30-7:30 PM. Location TBA. Sponsorship Opportunities Available.


The Upper Keys BPW meets once a month, on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. We alternate between luncheons and evening networking events, and would love for you to join us! Click the button to see our full event schedule and register for an upcoming event. 
SPONSOR THE JANUARY LUNCH!
We are offering a unique opportunity for sponsorship of the January Luncheon. Instead of one sponsor for the full $250, we are offering three (3) businesses or individuals the chance to sponsor the luncheon for only $100 EACH. You will get all of the benefits listed below (except for the free attendance) for a significantly reduced rate! Contact us ASAP if you are interested!
SPONSOR AN UPPER KEYS BPW EVENT!
The cost to sponsor an event is $250.
With the sponsorship you receive the following benefits and opportunities:
  • Logo/branding:
    • Event E-vite emailed three times to a database of 500 people
    • Monthly BPW member Newsletter emailed a few days prior to event
    • Mention at Upper Keys BPW social media
  • One Free dedicated business E-Blast to our membership with a message your business likes to share
  • Display table and/or hand outs to all attendees
  • Banner display at the luncheon
  • Two FREE entrees to the luncheon
  • 5 minute speaking time at the luncheon directed to all attendees


 
   bpw|member SPOTLIGHT

Meet Carlee Waack
I feel both proud and lucky to have been born and raised in Key Largo. I'm sure my passion for the water and need for warmth are a direct result of growing up here.

After Coral Shores, I went to school in San Diego, CA studying Landscape Architecture. My love for nature is closely accompanied by my ardor for culinary adventures and my affection for family and friends.

I am fortunate to have three jobs to invest my time in. My full time, and newest position, is as a salesperson with Al’s Carpet and Home Decorating Center. They are family owned and operated with 42 years in business. The DeGraaff's have been helping me grow in the trade since employing me after Hurricane Irma. My longest held position is with Chef Andrew Tsang. His company, Chef Drew’s Island Catering, continues to be an especially fulfilling endeavor for me. Finally, being a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant has been an inspiring step in my life. Surrounding myself with such a driven group of women has helped me push my boundaries and find success.

Joining the BPW, and being part of THIS group of incredible women and men, has also given me much to be thankful for. The comradery, sense of community, personal support, and endless smiles keep me excited for every monthly meeting. I am quite shy in public speaking forums, but catch me one on one and I’m sure we’ll have lots to talk about. I appreciate this opportunity to share some details of my life with all of you. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment